1/24/12

2 Weeks. Dos Semanas.

Day 14

As the bunnies become more mobile, I decide to remove the nest. It was taking up quite a bit of space in the Condo, and really, it was just serving to isolate the kits who happened to get out.

So I added the 2nd story to the Condo for Coffee. The kits, try as they might, cannot climb the incline to get to the 2nd floor. So Coffee is safe from the kits up there.

I also removed the heat pad. The kits have a nice layer of fur. And the house isn't that cold. So, they should be okay.

We continue cleaning the cage every other day. And every other cleaning is with a dilute bleach solution.

I've spied the kits eating mom's poop...and trying to eat some hay. I read somewhere that mom's poop may offer "good bacteria" to their developing gut...so I let them be.

Regarding the hay...what can I do? I mean, in the wild, the entire nest could be made of sticks and hay. I assume the kits know when to eat what. At least I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment