1/23/12

Out with the nest

Days 12 and 13 (1.22.12 - 1.23.12)



It's a fabulous life.
Growing more fur. Getting big.
***

Out of the nest again?

I walk in to check on the bunnies, and I see Kit 5 out of the nest (again). I watch for a second as Coffee tries to hop away from her (annoying) kit, wishing s/he would go away. Just as I'm about to open the top to pluck the kit out of the main cage and replace him/her into the nest...she climbs back IN TO the nest all by herself.

They can do that?

So, I put the towels back over the cage.

- Drop the mic...and exit the stage -


I decide to remove the nest box (which is obviously useless). I figure, since the kits can see and hear now, they are less likely to miss a meal. When Mama is ready to feed, with their new mobility and developing senses, they will have the ability to navigate to her, and indulge in a milk feast when available.



I also added the second story back on to the condo to offer Coffee a reprieve from hungry kits.
***

This is The Smallest Kit (who's now the largest kit). Then and now.


Day 6 (smallest kit) fast forward to Day 11 (largest kit)
***


We take them out the cage for 10 minutes or so, and they have a fantastic time exploring their new surroundings!

No comments:

Post a Comment